West Java Uduk Rice Recipe and its Complementary Dishes
Currently, there are many variations of West Javanese nasi uduk recipes for you to choose from. But of course, there is only one original recipe that will not be timeless. Of course, this recipe you have to try is because it contains legendary flavors typical of the ancestors of the Sundase tribe of the past.
Nasi uduk is one of the typical West Javanese dishes that you can easily find. Currently, there are many typical Sundase restaurants that provide it for you. But there is nothing wrong if you try to make this menu in your respective homes.
But to do this udukris requires patience. There are so many steps that you need to follow carefully to get a delicious taste of udukris. But don’t worry because here we going to discuss it in detail for you.
Nasi Uduk is considered a great dish in West Java
Actually, this udukris is part of the West Javanese tradition. Therefore, not everyone can understand this West Javanese nasi uduk recipe well. Only some people understand it well.
In West Java itself, this udu rice is usually served in various sacred events such as weddings, circumcisions, house thanksgiving, inauguration of buildings, and so on. There are usually many people who are engaged in doing this udukris themselves.
Of course, the parts made are also very large. But if you do it for your own consumption, the method is not so difficult. On this occasion we will discuss how to complete it, complete with complementary menu variants that are usually served in it. Arbitrary? Check out the explanation for the end!
How to Make a Typical West Java Uduk Rice Recipe
To make this udukris, of course, the first thing you need to prepare is the ingredients. Also, make sure that the ingredients used are clean and hygienic. Right off the bat, here’s the explanation.
- 300 grams of rice
- Coconut milk 450 ml
- 2 pieces of young bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 2 bruised lemongrass sticks
- 2 cm cinnamon
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsk salt
How it is done
If you have prepared all these ingredients , we can immediately proceed to the scene of making this West Javanese udukris recipe. Apply to follow the steps below in order.
- Wash the rice thoroughly. Also wash other materials that will be used in the manufacturing process
- Cook the coconut milk that you prepared Also add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, bruised lemongrass, salt and pepper.
- Stir everything thoroughly until completely evenly distributed. Continue stirring until the combination of spices and spices boils.
- Put the rice that you washed earlier in the coconut milk and the spices that are cooked.
- Continue steaming until the rice is cooked and becomes rice.
- Once cooked, serve in an adequate container
To add flavor, you can also sprinkle fried onions, sliced red chili and cucumber on top of nasi uduk. In addition to looking beautiful, this will increase your appetite.
It is the process of making udukris that you can follow. It may seem simple, but often the manufacture of this West Javanese nasi uduk recipe fails if you do not follow the predetermined steps. So, make sure you are careful when doing the steps.
Tips yang must do when making Uduk Rice
There are some tips that you can make when you want to make this uduk rice recipe. First, be sure to choose quality rice. Unqualified rice often doesn’t make the spice you put in soak into it.
Not only that, but also be sure to choose thick coconut milk. The choice of this thick coconut milk will make the flavor of the West Javanese nasi uduuk recipe that you make more salty and tasty. But on the contrary, if you choose diluted coconut milk, then, of course, the taste that appears will not be too tasty.
The aroma that appears will also not be strong. Kamu can choose coconut milk squeezed from real grated coconut. Do not choose ready-made coconut milk in the store. The quality is sometimes not what you imagined. There are usually many coconut traders in the market that provide shredded coconuts like this.
Supplementary menu for West Java Uduk Rice
This West Javanese nasi uduuk recipe certainly won’t be perfect unless you complement it with complementary dishes. There are tons of menus that complement nasi uduk that you can choose right now. Let’s discuss one by one how it is done.
- Fried chicken
- Chickens 1 head, cut to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Kokosvatten 500 ml
- Bay leaf 2 pieces
- Orange leaves 2 pieces
- Galangal that has bruised to taste
- onion 8 grains
- garlic 4 cloves
- Pecan 4 korn
- pepper granules 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger 1 cm
- old turmeric 3 cm
- brown sugar 20 grams
- Salt 2 teskedar
How to do:
Once you have prepared these ingredients, you just have to do the steps to make an accompaniment to this West Javanese udukris recipe as follows:
- Wash the prepared chicken
- Mash all the spices, sauté until they emit an aroma.
- Enter bay leaf, galangal, orange leaves and lemongrass. Stir until completely evenly distributed.
- Put the previously cleaned chicken, stirring with spices
- Pour coconut water, cover the pan and let the spices contained in it infuse.
- Wait until the chicken pieces become soft.
- Remove and drain.
- Heat the cooking oil, fry the chicken that has been picked up until it has a kecokelatan color.
- Drain or lay out on the previously cooked udu rice.
- Torr Tempeh Oreg
- Tempeh 1 board, sliced matches
- Red pepper 1 piece, thinly sliced
- Curly chili 4 pieces, sliced into one piece
- Bruised galangal 2 cm long
- Bruised ginger 2 cm
- Young bay leaf only 1 sheet
- Fresh orange leaves 3 pieces
- Shaved brown sugar 3 tablespoons, can also be replaced with sweet soy sauce
- Shallots 5 grains, thinly sliced
- Garlic 3 cloves, thinly sliced
- Tamarind water 1/2 sendok meal
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil to taste
How to do:
- Once you have prepared all the ingredients above , now we can move on to the process of making a dish that complements this West Javanese nasi uduuk recipe. Follow the steps below.
- Fry the tempeh that you have sliced dry. The degree of dryness can be adjusted to individual taste. Remove and then drain.
- Sauté the sliced onions until they emit a fragrant smell. Then add other spices such as chili, orange leaves, bay leaf and galangal. Pour with a small amount of water.
- Next, also add tamarind water and brown sugar. Finally, add the salt. Cook until boiling, taste correction.
- Put the dry fried tempeh in it. Stir until caramelized and all spices infuse. Remove and serve.
The combination of nasi uduk and its complementary dishes will surely make the family at home much more enthusiastic in dinners. Don’t forget to also serve sambal uduk which is just right for the family. To avoid mistakes, be sure to follow the steps to make this West Javian nasi uduuk recipe in order.